Friday, November 15, 2013

Back Roads

It always pays to take the back roads home.  When we did yesterday, we were rewarded with this view of what I think is an immature Bald Eagle.
It caught my eye while driving on Towpath Road (near the Klamsteam Tavern) because it was so much bigger than most of the raptors that we commonly see.  I couldn't get great pictures of it because I only had my phone to use as a camera, but after researching online I am pretty sure it is a young Bald Eagle.  
Even though this bird wasn't technically in one of the Town's designated open spaces, I though it was worth posting to see if anyone had any feedback to help definitively identify it.


With the leaves almost gone, now is the prime time to spot more big birds like this one perching in trees.  Red Tail Hawks seem to be the most common, but occasionally you will spot something more unusual.  Whether you are out on the back roads of Clifton Park or on the North Way, you are bound to see them if you keep your eyes sharp.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment